Due to a specific industry requirement, LBI has developed a new non-ferrous alloy.
Thanks to its chemical composition and production by centrifugal casting, its distinctive characteristic is to offer excellent damping properties for a metallic material (comparable to those polymer type materials).
The properties of this material are as follows:
- Cu and Mn based alloy + other elements such as Al, Fe, Ni
- Very good corrosion resistance
- Density : 7.2
- Rp0.2 > 240 MPa
- Rm > 520 MPa
- A > 30 %
- Young Modulus : 80 GPA
- Torsion Modulus : 34 GPA
- Poisson Coefficient : 0.25
Damping properties (Ambient Temperature):
- tg φ ∼ 1,80.10-2 (equivalent to 2π sin φ ≈ 11,30.10-2)
Damping of various vibrations:
- Longitudinal mode (4.6 Khertz), tg φ = 1.51.10-2
- Flexion mode (240 hertz), tg φ = 1.75.10-2
- Torsion mode (2.7 Khertz), tg φ = 0.82.10-2
This material keeps its damping properties between -15°C and +50°C.
Below -30°C and above +60°C, its damping properties are similar to those of grey iron.
For further information: